I just got done listening to an audio from the Inner Circle. If you are serious about building your business, this series is a must have. Every week there is a different audio to listen to hep your business thrive. This week I am focusing on the Facebook series by Kevin Sousa.
1. Keep it Positive: In order for you to continue to build your Facebook following and friends list, is to keep it positive. If you are using Facebook to promote your business, everything should be upbeat and positive. Nothing distracts from a brand or company, like negative comments, rants, and family issues. I understand that people are on Facebook to connect with friends and family and if that is the extent of your Facebook use, say whatever you want. but if you are using it to promote your brand, you need to carefully consider what you post. It is truly amazing how positivity is contagious and inviting. People are always drawn to positive people, so if you post positive, engaging, and challenging posts, you will draw people. Below are some reasons why just positivity in and of itself will draw people.
- feeds a good attitude
- Helps strengthen your focus
- Recipe for excellence and success
- Feeds your mind
- Builds up people
- Becomes a platform for agreement by setting the tone
- Programs your subconscious mind
- Motivates and inspires others
Bullet points are taken from Kevin Sousa
When your posts help other people, you build life long friends. In turn, when someone is touched,motivated, or inspired by something you post, they will share it and tell others. This is how your friends list grows, and you begin to develop your own authority and influence. What is more, you will be a true leader of people because true leadership starts by putting other people's needs ahead of your own. Which brings us to the second thing to build your following.
2. Post what your friends and followers need: If you want to build your Facebook, blog, or business, you have to forget about yourself and focus on your following. What do they need? What are their struggles? How can you encourage and inspire them? When you shift your focus to what you feel like posting to what your friends need you to post, your following will grow. The saying is true, "People don't care what you know, until they know that you care." So, you want a platform and some influence? If this is true, forget about you and you will have more influence than you know what to do with.
3. Consistency: In order to continue to build your following, you have to consistently post. There is no way to lose followers than to take a week hiatus from posting. One of the main reasons for this is because of Facebook's algorithms. The more you engage with people and people engage with you, the higher you are on someone's feed. When you stop engaging and posting, Facebook thinks that you are no longer important to that person and you go down further on their news feed. When this happens, it will take a little while to get back to where you were before. To avoid this happening, just post consistently. One tool that I really like to help me stay consistent with my social media accounts is Hootsuite. It is super easy and efficient to use.
These are some of the things that I have learned from my mentors, and that I have been using to build my Facebook friends list and following. I hope you are able to find some value in it. I would love to hear what are some of the ways you built your Facebook following.