So you got started in a MLM, blogging, or direct sales business, and you have been going at it for awhile now, but are seeing very little results. You market and write tons of fresh content every day, but you c an't understand why you're not reaching your desired goal. I have been there, and it is frustrating!
I just had the opportunity to have my mentor take me virtually by the hand and help me get the training I so badly needed to make my business work. Having the right training and a community of like minded successful people around you is so key, but we are not discussing that today. Although if you ever are interested in joining me, you can click here to find out more.
We have already talked about why everyone in business needs a blog, so now that I know you are typing away making blog posts, there is another key aspect that you must understand if you want to be successful. This is knowing your avatar or your target audience.
[tweet_box] If you set out to sell to everyone, you will end up selling to no one. [/tweet_box]
Having a specific avatar is absolutely vital to your success! What is even better, is that it is super easy to accomplish and will take no time at all. Here are a couple of questions that helped me find my personal avatar.
- Who will benefit from using my products or from reading my posts?
- If your answer to the above questions was everyone, what group of people do I most align and connect with?
- Where do these people hang out?
- What are key problems that this group has that I can solve?
This post is also very helpful in finding your avatar.
Let's do a sample so that you understand the process.
I am a teacher by trade and passion; and have a degree in elementary education. I really enjoy putting together unit studies and making printables to go along with them. So I set up a blog and begin creating my avatar.
- Teachers and homeschool moms will benefit most from products.
- I taught for two years so I know what a teacher is looking for and needs, but I also am a mom who is planning on homeschooling. I feel that I align with both well, so I could use both target markets. It is probably better that I choose one. Since my kids are not homeschool age yet, I am going to choose marketing to teachers.
- Teachers hang out on Pinterest mostly and a couple education forums that I know of.
- The key problem a teacher has in searching for supplemental curriculum are these:
- Fun, engaging printables
- Easy to implement curriculum
- Detailed list of items needed and prep work
- Focus on key concepts
- Answer keys
So now that I have this outlined, I will create an optimized Pinterest account and set a marketing strategy. I will also begin blogging daily and providing fresh content so that I will be easy to find.
These are some of the first steps that I will take before I begin selling my products. As I begin to get these down, I may add another social media strategy or invest in paid marketing.
All my advertising will be in vain though if I have no clue to whom I am selling. If you are looking for more information to help your business grow, subscribe to my blog below and receive a free video on how to get more leads. :)
I am passionate Mommypreneur and am always looking for mommies who are ready to take their business to the next level, start a business, or are just ready to live their dreams. If you think this is you, click the button below to join my team! I would love to take you by the hand and help you reach your dreams.